We recommend six LoRs, and this is ideal. But four LoRs will be fine
2. I know quite a few industry experts, e.g., Deans of Lewis University & Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Department Head of Coast College California, President of LH Thomson Company, etc. Will these designations/recommenders work, or does Raju’s Team provide assistance in getting letters from other reputed experts?
We do not provide assistance to get Recommenders. The client has to seek recommenders on his/her own. Any prominent person from the same or relevant field as the client would be able to provide the LoR.
Dependent LoR is from a recommender you have directly worked with or under (supervisor, co-author, professor, research/project leader, etc.)
Independent LoR is from an expert in your field with whom you have never work with. However, they may have seen your work in conferences, heard about your work from their colleagues, read your articles in journals, followed your work profile (LinkedIn, Google Scholar, etc.) or used your idea/ research in their own work.
A minimum of 3 independent LoRs
5. Is the Raju Law Team going to assist in selecting the recommenders, or is it entirely up to me to do that?
Yes, we will provide advice to you regarding this matter.
6. As per step 3 in the document ‘Steps of NIW application process,’ I am supposed to send 6 filled-up LoR templates. So, is it like I will get LoR templates from the Raju Law Team and fill them up? Or am I supposed to create the templates?
Yes. We will provide all the necessary templates for your case, including LoR templates.
You can prepare the LoRs yourself if you wish to, OR the Recommender himself/herself can write the letter (best option in terms of authenticity). In that case, if you need any template to follow, we can provide you.
If LoR service is included with your package, our legal team will prepare the LoRs for you if you wish.
8. Letter of Recommendation mentioned in the document “Steps of NIW Application Process.” Could you please enlighten me more on how your law firm handles/manages the LoR for the client?
For each letter you want us to draft for you, we need you to fill out one LoR template with as much relevant information as possible. You can write in paragraphs, bullet points, sentences, etc.
You also need to provide the recommender’s CV. We will draft the letter based on the filled-in template, recommender’s CV, and your profile.
9. Who can provide me with recommendations? Are there any specific conditions/criteria for my referees?
You will need to collect recommendation letters from prominent individuals in your field. The individuals may be your bosses, professors, researchers, or individuals similar to them.
You do not need to be acquainted with all your recommenders. An EXPERT in your field can write you a letter based on your academic and work profile.
You may complete them within seven days or take an extended period at your convenience.
11. What should be the balance between dependent and independent LoRs? Can I use all dependent LORs? Do all have to be in my field of study?
You can keep a 50/50 balance between independent and dependent LoRs. Although we prefer having more independent LoRs. And yes, all of them must be from your field of study/ work. These recommendations can come from high-level executives or academic individuals like researchers and faculties.
We highly suggest seeking out your recommenders early in the NIW process.
Our in-house LoR writers will draft the LoRs for you based on the filled-in template you provide. Note that you must provide adequate information and manage the signatures from the recommenders yourself.
No, there are no extra fees for recommendation letters if the drafting service is included with your package.
Yes, we will share the sample documents with you.
Your supervisor, top executives, leaders of the field, and distinguished professionals in top management positions with or under whom you have or have not worked with in your field can make recommendations.
17. For the independent recommendation letters, do the recommenders need to be U.S. citizens/ working at a U.S. university/ company? More specifically, can someone working in a renowned university/ company outside the U.S. write a recommendation letter for me?
Distinguished professors/ professionals of any reputable university/ company from any part of the world can make recommendations. They do not need to be U.S. citizens.
You can ask your friends; they can convince their professors to write Recommendation letters for you. Also, there are many Bangladeshi professors in U.S. universities; you can contact them as they usually help. You can also write to different prospective recommenders highlighting your common areas and the significance of your work.
No, the scanned copy or the signed soft copy of the LoR will be sufficient.
20. Does my LoR need to be on a letterhead? My recommender is reluctant to use his institutional letterhead and has agreed to signed on a blank paper.
The best form of evidence is to have a letter on the recommender’s instutional letterheard. If the recommender has retired, he/she may create their own letterhead and provide that.
We aim to submit the formal updated CV of the recommenders. In case it is ablsolutely unavailable, we can use their institutional profile or LinkedIn.