1. I will Graduate in December 2022 with a Masters’s degree. Should I target December 2022 for my Petition submission?
Yes. After graduation, your chance rate will increase, and it will make the petition stronger.
2. I have a master’s degree from the U.K. in Finance but my PhD and research that is ongoing is in Computer Science. Will that be a problem if I want to apply on the basis of my research that is in the U.S. but my completed advanced degree is in Finance.
No, you can apply with the ongoing research experience.
3. Can I use Canadian, U.K., or other foreign evaluations to show my degree equivalency for the U.S.?
No, we need the evaluation from USCIS-approved equivalency evaluation bodies. Eg. WES
4. I would like to know if I can obtain a non-thesis masters, will I be able to start the NIW process as soon as possible?
Yes, you will be able to start the NIW application process.
5. I am planning to publish my thesis shortly. So please suggest me what I need to do more to strengthen my case. I will take your service once I am done with all the lacking requirements.
Kindly publish your thesis paper. The more citations your paper receives, the better your chances will be. Also, if you have U.S. work experience or can get started with work related to your proposed endeavor, that would be greatly beneficial.
6. If I go for Ph.D., can I apply for NIW before completing my Ph.D.? (after 2 years of the Ph.D. program)
There is no requirement for a U.S. degree in order to apply for NIW; however, a min. Master’s degree is necessary.
8. With regards to certifications/ licenses, are you referring to required licenses or certifications that my field requires to practice my profession, or are you referring to any certification programs I have done to advance my career?
Required certifications/ licenses that your field requires to practice your profession.
9. I have a Data Scientist toolkit certificate from Coursera, an SQL certificate from Udemy and Tableau Certificate also from Udemy. Are these certifications applicable?
These can be added to your CV, but for NIW requirements, only professional certificates are acceptable.
Due to the flexible characteristics of the NIW, you may be able to qualify without having received awards in your field. Proof of outstanding achievements strengthens your case and may be the difference between approval and denial; it is not grounds for denial alone.
Your previous denial should not have an impact on the outcome, assuming you meet the other qualifications for a National Interest Waiver. This is because the requirements for a PERM application have little bearing on the requirements for an EB-2 NIW.
An advanced degree for the EB2 NIW visa is U.S. advanced degree (degree above bachelor’s) or equivalent foreign degree.